Thursday, August 21, 2008

Comcast Email Issue Solved

So I've spent the last 3 weeks with comcast tech support, MS tech support and on an MS usenet group trying to solve an issue. About 3 weeks ago my emails stopped sending to the outside world. I could send between my 3 comcast email accounts but could get emails to my yahoo address or my work email address. Plus, nobody I know got any of my emails. We tried everything: Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Comcast's web client and Mozilla's Thunderbird. I got a couple emails out of Thunderbird right when I installed but then they stopped sending. Very strange.

Finally, I got a strange voicemail at work today. A comcast techy called and said that my signature was over 100 characters so "some servers" blocked them. Ok, I was willing to try anything at that point so I deleted my signatures with my blog address and my flickr photo address. Lo and behold, emails will now send. I'm not sure if its actually a 100 characters as the problem, I think it’s the web links. I've tried test emails to yahoo and my office and nothing with a web address will send but every simple email I send works fine. Must be some new anti spam thingy they have.

Have you heard of anything so stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share