Friday, January 23, 2009

Astronomy Photographer of the Year Contest

Moon Venus Jupiter (4)

I just entered four of my best astronomy shots in the Astronomy Photographer of the Year contest. It's pretty cool. There aren't many photos entered yet, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The contest runs through July.

Here are some details:

I'm Natasha and I work at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich. I just wanted to introduce myself and to tell you a little bit about this group.


We've created the Astronomy Photographer of the Year group to run alongside our new photography competition, of the same name. We wanted there to be a place where everyone could see photos entered so far, pick up astro-photography tips and find out what the judges are looking for.


We're also really excited to have teamed up with the people at Astrometry.net who will be adding what we've called 'astrotags' to your photos in the group... think geotags, but for space.

Go ahead and enter your best shots, especially if they aren't as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share