Thursday, March 26, 2009

Celebrate the IYA 100 hours of Astronomy with me!

I love astronomy. Anyone who regularly reads my blog already knows this fact. I've posted a number of times on this topic. I'm determined to get out to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy - 100 Hours of Astronomy. (I already spent a couple hours searching for Comet Lulin, to no avail and I just watched a flyby of ISS and Discovery.)

The Minnesota Astronomical Society is hosting a public viewing night at the Onan Observatory in Young America, Minnesota on April 3rd and 4th. This is about an hour and a half drive from my house. If anyone is interested in sharing a ride, please let me know. Here are more details:

Event Details - MAS public star party - IYA 100 hours of Astronomy *

The last time I was at a MAS star party, it was great fun. The people there were very friendly and very willing to share everything they knew about astronomy. We saw many star clusters, nebula, planets and moons. I sure hope my Galileoscope shows up in time.

The IYA2009 organization has a world map of events for all my international readers. Click on the link on the right hand side of my blog for more info on IYA2009. Thanks for reading and go celebrate our universe.

* Should you join us the Onan Observatory be sure to read the Star Party Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share