Friday, April 17, 2009

Emerging Nature


Emerging Plants
Originally uploaded by Mully410

Time for a nature update. I've been out to the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area about a half dozen times so far this spring. I captured these tiny plants emerging from the ground tonight.

The osprey are back. I saw four them tonight. Two were beginning to rebuild a nest on top of the pole they always use. I saw three of the river otters a couple weeks ago. Turkeys are everywhere around here. Tonight, I saw a big tom strutting around with his feathers all spread out. He was on the other side of the lake so no pics. :-(

Eastern bluebirds
have made it back and are scoping out the bird houses. Lots of geese and ducks around. Saw two trumpeter swans only briefly a couple days ago. A pair of them successfully raise five cygnets last year. The loons are back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share