Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't Even Start...

To all my friends, "friends," acquaintances, pretend friends, pseudo friends, we've never met but you follow me on (insert social networking or bookmarking site of choice) friends, my enemies and those of you who just don't care at all about me:

You may be slightly annoyed, a little annoyed, moderately annoyed, very annoyed or downright extremely annoyed with me on occasion. Well, I also get annoyed with you...on occasion. If you want to continue to irritate me, go ahead and stop reading now. Should you want to continue with some intelligent conversation and be less or totally not annoying, please check this out. Below, I've compiled a list of some posts that will help you discuss things intelligently.

Start with this Brian Dunning video: Here be Dragons

How to Argue with Me (some thoughts a link to a very good essay by Steven Novella)

Stop calling me closed minded because you are: Who is Closed Minded?. Then find a link to a very good short video here: Who is Closed Minded? 2

Don't even think about saying "It's just a theory." What theories do you "believe?"

Learn how I (and many others) define a Skeptic. When you confuse cynic and argumentative with skeptic, you sound stupid: WTF(H) is a Skeptic? To learn more about the difference between Skeptics and Critical Thinkers go here.

I only believe in one less god/God/gods than most of you: Ten Commandments and Atheists; Penn Says - What I Think; We Live, We Die and Some of Us Get Eaten; The Ridiculousness of God. And by the way, only about 15% of my posts have anything to do with religion...

Most of my posts are about Critical Thinking, Astronomy and shameless promotions of my photos on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. I'm embarrassed after realizing that I forgot to mention The Demon Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan. That really should be the first thing that people who want to annoy me less should read.

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share