Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Astronomers Without Borders - Live Event - Append

Asteroid 152664 1998 FW4
Asteroid 152664 1998FW4

I can't believe I forgot to post the coolest picture from the Astronomers Without Borders - Live Event. I told you all about this event in a previous post.

Well, here it is. Click to embiggen it. That streak/smudge is asteroid 152664 1998 FW4. (not cool enough for a proper name, I guess) This is the first one I've "seen" through a telescope. Very cool. Dr. Masi did a 60 second exposure and it moved a lot during that time. Note the stars didn't appear to move at all. I don't know how fast it was going relative to us on Earth but it sure looks fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share