Friday, December 4, 2009

Intolerant? I hope so.

I'm not a big fan of the hard-core militant tone of this guy but I have to admit that I got a bit inspired by this video. He makes some interesting points. Go ahead and watch the video and I'll make some comments below:



The manner that this guy presents his beliefs is too aggressive, almost scary, for my tastes. As the chief organizer of Minneapolis Skeptics, I do my best to tone down the anti-religion rhetoric and believe I've been successful for the most part. I want our group to focus on skepticism and education. As skeptics we must be open to changing our minds when presented with evidence. I have yet to see convincing evidence for a god/God/gods but am open to it. However such an extraordinary claim will require very extraordinary evidence. Something along the lines of Morgan Freeman granting me super powers or compelling me to build an ark while animals follow me around. I'm not holding out much hope of that happening.

That said...I am intolerant towards: racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-science crackpots, anti-vaxers, Oprah, closed mindedness, faith healers, psychics, astrologists, chiropractors, Nazis, murder, theft, cheating, conspiracy theorists, homeopathy, starvation, dictators, stupidity, genocide and those fucking annoying holiday diamond/jewelry commercials on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share