Friday, December 11, 2009

See the Geminids Meteor Shower This Weekend

Telescopes (2)

The Geminids are one of the best meteor showers. It comes around every December. The peak this year is around the 13th or 14th of December. Go here for everything you always wanted to know about the Geminids.

It will be cold here in Minnesota...duh...so dress warm. Once you think you have all your warmest clothing on, put on some more. Then get in a sleeping bag and relax in your lawn chair around 8pm. Recliners work best. Face easterly and kickback.

Don't let the picture of telescopes fool you. Using a telescope or binoculars for meteor showers is pointless and ineffective.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a ball of fire in the sky last night around 1:15 am in Chanhassen, and have been searching to see if anyone else saw it. I am glad to see there really is a meteor shower going on and that I didn't just imagine it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment HSN. I found another article that's even better: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/08dec_geminids.htm?list1126963

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Geminids are my absolute favourite meteor storm of the year...but I would say that...I'm a Gemini myself after all!

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share