Friday, February 26, 2010

Golden Trumpeter Swans - My Best Bird-in-flight Photo so far


Golden Trumpeters
Originally uploaded by Mully410

Tonight, I was out at my spot in the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant Wildlife Viewing Area. It was fairly warm out and I figured I'd haul out the tripod and attempt some more shots of the Moon. I got a whole bunch of blurry shots and a couple that turned out pretty sharp...see below.

Just after I put my camera away, I heard a "honk" and saw these two trumpeter swans. Thanks to my foresight in keeping my camera setup for quick shots, I got 4 quick ones of these swans. The light was perfectly golden as the sun was almost down. The only thing I did to the above shot was to crop it a little. The color is as I saw it. Amazing. Here is the other shot.

I watch a pair of swans raise their young in Marsden Lake every summer. I wonder if these are those two. Probably not but what the heck are they doing up here when all the lakes are frozen?

Sharper Moon - Waxing Gibbous
Sharper Moon - Waxing Gibbous
by Mully410

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share