Thursday, February 18, 2010

I went to the Minnesota Zoo the other day!

I had a great time at the Minnesota Zoo a few weeks back. Took 521 shots and posted the best 10% on my Flickr page.

Here are the highlights:

I stopped at the Amur Leopard exhibit. Two of the three cats were mostly lounging around but one of them was "bathing" like cats do and then climbed around and posed a bit for me. Some of the shots appear to have no fence but this is because I was able to get back far enough with the zoom lens. The fence mysteriously disappears in front of them. Sometime I had to revert manual focus because the auto-focus would cue up on the fence.



When I first walked past the Grizzly exhibit, they were sleeping on top of each other. By the time I walked past them again, these two were fighting or playing or something. I don't think I did a very good job capturing the scale of these beasts (except for maybe the kid shot). They were huge. I also had to shoot through about 3 inches of glass.



Next, I took a walk through the Minnesota trail. These cats and dogs are all native to Minnesota, except for the Tiger. I didn't know where else to put that shot.



I think these Otter pics turned out pretty well. The otters behind the glass are the large sea otters. The others are smaller river otters which are native to Minnesota. I have some river otters near my house so I'll try to get some pics with the new 70-300mm zoom this summer. UPDATE: Ryan Vikander said...

"Actually in your otter photos, the second to last picture are Asian Small Clawed otters, not native to Minnesota. But great pics none the less!"





Here is the last set I posted. It has snow monkeys, some fish and a wolverine.



Hope you enjoy my photos. You can embiggen the slide shows by clicking on the four dots on the lower right side of each frame. You can also follow this link to get to my Flickr site directly. There you can view each photo individually, all the camera properties and geo-tags.

2 comments:

  1. Actually in your otter photos, the second to last picture are Asian Small Clawed otters, not native to Minnesota. But great pics none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ryan! I fixed the blog and the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share