Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break with the Twin Cities Area Counsel of Camera Clubs


Gray Wolf - Sheriff (12)
Originally uploaded by Mully410

Today, I spent the whole day with the Twin Cities Area Counsel of Camera Clubs. It was their annual "spring break" event. They brought in a number of great speakers and some vendors selling camera gear.

I most enjoyed the lunch time event held by the Minnesota Wildlife Connection. They brought in one of their new wolves, Sheriff, for us to photograph. The above shot is one of only a few I was able to get without his tough out. It was probably very warm for a wolf today at 40F - 50F or so.

Most of my shots are this pose:
Gray Wolf - Sheriff (13)


Or this:
Gray Wolf - Sheriff (6)

See my set of the 11 best shots on at my Flicker photostream.

In case you are wondering, this is a captive and not a wild wolf. I believe he was born in captivity so he'd have a difficult if not impossible time surviving in the wild. The Minnesota Wildlife Connection is certified by the Humane Society, USDA and Minnesota DNA (according to their website.)

Gray Wolf - Sheriff (8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share