Sunday, December 19, 2010

Squirrels, Squirrels and More Squirrels

Squirrel DSC_8022
Squirrel_DSC8022
by Mully410 * Images


Today was single digit temperatures. I ended up heading out the TCAAP WVA for sunrise and saw a coyote and some ducks. I received some minor frostbite and managed some OK snapshots but I really need this to get closer.

Most of today was spent in my house wrapping presents and shooting the squirrels (with the camera.) The above shot is my favorite of the day. Click on it to embiggen it.

At one point, there were eight squirrels vying for the bird seed under my feeders. Two of these Eastern Gray Squirrels were black:

To Jump or Not DSC_8091
To Jump or Not DSC_DSC8091
by Mully410 * Images


Pandemonium ruled the backyard today. There was never more than a minute with all the squirrels contented. Unfortunately most of the action took place below my line of sight behind a foot of snow.

Put em up DSC_8028
Put em up DSC_8028
by Mully410 * Images


Please visit my collection: Squirrels in Winter on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute I love their energy they always look as though they have been drinking too much black coffee:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose! It was mayhem all over my back yard that day.

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share