Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bryant is the Best Furnace Company Ever

I have good news about my melted/burned furnace problem.

Soon after Standard Heating and Air Conditioning replace my melted circuit board and wire harness, I wrote a letter (feedback form on the website) to the manufacturer, Bryant. The letter was carefully crafted to be factual, professional, personal and polite. I simply explained what happened, added some questions, wondered about the future reliability and mentioned that my father was considering a new furnace.

Within 24 hours, I received an acknowledgment from Bryant and an email from the local distributor that supplies Standard. We exchanged a number of polite emails and once the distributor saw the damage he agreed to compensate me for the faulty equipment.

This is not the first time a manufacturer "made right" with me due to a faulty product. You've read about my compact florescent that burned. GE ended up sending me an $8 coupon for some new bulbs and a pre-paid package to send the bad bulb to their lab. Many years ago I had a Sony STR-DA80ES home theater receiver. It was very expensive (for me) and ended up crapping out a month before the 5 year warranty expired. The service company had it for 2 months without giving me an update so I wrote to Sony. Within a few HOURS of writing that note, a man from Sony's corporate service called and offered a brand new STR-DA5000ES as a replacement because they didn't make the parts for the 80 anymore.

Lesson: Be polite. Be factual. Make it personal. Don't bitch and swear.

I'm still awaiting the exact amount of my refund/credit from Bryant so I'll update this later if you are interested.

1 comment:

  1. If you are considering the installation of a new furnace, think about cost effectiveness first. This is the most important aspect where your monthly utility bills are concerned because you will be paying them over the long run.

    New Furnace Installation Toronto

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share