Friday, March 18, 2011

Bald Eagles Changing Up Who Minds the Nest

Bald Eagle DSC_5884
Bald Eagle DSC_5884
by Mully410 * Images


Tonight, I stopped by the local bald eagle nest after work. This nest has been around for a couple years. This year I decided to make a point of checking it out regularly. Both eagles were present tonight. One in the tree (above) and other in the nest. After a couple minutes of waiting, this eagle joined the other on the nest.

Bald Eagles on Nest DSC_5898
Bald Eagles on Nest DSC_5898
by Mully410 * Images


I'm not entirely certain if they swapped out who was minding the nest. All eagles look the same to me. Within a few minutes, one of them took off and landed on a branch near by.

Bald Eagle Landing DSC_5903
Bald Eagle Landing DSC_5903
by Mully410 * Images


Bald Eagle Landed DSC_5905
Bald Eagle Landing DSC_5905
by Mully410 * Images


This eagles hung on to this branch for only a few minutes and took off into the background.

Eagles DSC_5911
Eagles DSC_5911
by Mully410 * Images


I have a couple more photos on my Flickr site. Go ahead and click on the link below and then on the four tiny arrows to enlarge for a full screen slide show.





For my photography friends:

I use a Nikon D7000 and an old Nikkor 300mm F4 AF-ED lens on a Manfrotto monopod. I set up for 400 ISO to keep a high shutter speed especially since this lens doesn't have any vibration reduction. AF-A, 39 point, 3D focusing and auto white balance. I rarely spend more than 5 minutes post-processing any image. The above eagle images were cropped to about 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share