Friday, April 15, 2011

Walking During My Lunchbreak


Thrush DSC_9654
Originally uploaded by Mully410 * Images


Lately, I've been taking a walk around my office during my lunch break...with my camera. So far in just the last week or so, I've seen a whole bunch of bird species.

The photo above is a hermit thrush. I'm not sure if I've seen this bird before today but this is the first descent shot I've gotten of one of them.

Below is a shot of a ruby-crowned kinglet.  These are migrants in my neighborhood.  I saw a couple last spring but didn't get any photos.  These birds have a tiny red sploch on the top of their head.  Unfortunately you can't see it here.

Ruby-crowned Kinglet DSC_9536
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
by Mully410 * Images

Here is my favorite of the week.  Northern flickers aren't rare around here but I've never seen two in the same place at the same time.  I had to be quick to get this shot.

Flickers DSC_9619
Flickers_DSC9619
by Mully410 * Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share