Monday, October 31, 2011

Huge Milestone for Mully410 * Images

500000 Views

Early this morning, someone was responsible for the 500,000th view on my Flickr photostream. That's a lot of views.

Here are some highlights:

I wrote this when I posted this photo of an American Kestrel at the Raptor Center's release party on May 1, 2011:  "...glad I took a second look at my files.  Found this gem.  If you zoom way in on his eye, you can see the sky and some people reflections."  It's my most viewed photo at 10,979 views right now.

Kestrel Close Up DSC_7535

Thirty five people count Momma and the Kids as their favorite and 64 people commented on it for the most commented photo in my photostream. Second place for number of favorites only has 17 favorites.

Momma and the Kids DSC_8008

Flickr has a feature called "Explore." They have some sort of secret formula for selecting 500 photos per day to show on their Explore page. This photo was selected back on April 30, 2001. Flickr received about 3000-5000 new uploads every minute...so being selected in the top 500 for the day is pretty cool.

Rain Coming DSC_2417

These three photos were also Explored by Flickr: Shelf Cloud and Lightning; Dive, Dive, Dive; Smile.

This photo was picked up by the Associate Press wire last winter.  These photos have won various awards.   This photo won a second place and I was award a 24x30 print of my choice personally printed and signed by Moose Peterson

In 2010, Demure Amur was not selected for the Minnesota State Fair but it did win best-in-show at the Salon 300 State Fair Overflow Show at the Hopkins Center for the Arts.  Read about how it won here.

Amur Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share