Friday, October 7, 2011

Two Life Birds This Week During My Lunchbreak

Bird DSC_2929 by Mully410 * Images
Bird DSC_2929, a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
Lately, I haven't been out on photowalks during my lunch break very often. Something about having to pay my bills....etc.

This week, however, I got out on two walks and saw two different bird species for the first time. The bird on the right is a Rusty Blackbird. According to Cornell University - All About Birds website, the rusty blackbird has declined 85-99% over the last forty years. Here is another shot of the bird:

Rusty Blackbird DSC_2947
(click to embiggen)

The second life bird I found and photographed was a golden-crowned kinglet.  These aren't my best photographic works but I publish them anyway as documentation of my spottings:

Bird DSC_2995

Golden-crowned Kinglet DSC_2987

Last spring during a lunch break photo walk, I spotted ruby-crowned kinglets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share