Sunday, January 20, 2013

US Pond Hockey Championships

I got up early today and made it out to Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis for the US Pond Hockey Championships. My thermometer showed 1F and I estimate the wind was probably 10-15 mphs.

It was cold but since I have the proper gear, only my fingertips and nose got uncomfortably cold.

The D4 performed flawlessly along with a rented Nikkor 70-200f2.8. Fun lens but very heavy. If this sports photography gets to be a habit, I'll have to buy one but until then I don't need it. My 70-300G VR works just find for the wildlife photography I do.

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! When I go to my hometown of Eagle River WI, I will post pictures of the USA Hockey Pond Hockey Championships they hold there. I played last year, but a wrist injury is keeping me out of the action this year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about your wrist but I'm looking forward to your photos.

      Delete
  2. Nice,
    Thanks for your grateful informations,

    I am working in, asian affairs magazine. Try to post best informations like this always

    India: Protests must culminate in political action

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Be nice.

Click Here for All Your Favorite Bookmarks and Shares!!

Bookmark and Share